The Sign Bylaw ensures that signs are not a safety hazard and assists the District in maintaining a clean and positive image for Sparwood
The District of Sparwood's Sign Bylaw provides regulations on signage within Sparwood. Allowable sign options in the District are:
- awning signs;
- fascia signs;
- free-standing signs;
- hanging signs;
- projecting signs;
- sandwich board signs;
- window signs; and
- other signs as listed under Section 2.2: Permitted Signs of the Sign Bylaw.
Signage within the District requires a Sign Permit in accordance with the Sign Bylaw.
Please complete an application form and return it to the Planning Department with the application submission package:
- Completed application form;
- Application fee ($25 or $10 for an amendment to an existing permit);
- Photo of the existing building where sign will be mounted;
- Colour design drawings of sign proposal(s); and
- Colour samples for proposed sign(s).
The application package will be reviewed by the Planning Department, and a permit may be issued.