The last general local election took place on Saturday, November 15, 2014
The citizens of Sparwood elected one (1) Mayor, six (6) Councillors and one (1) School Trustee for a four-year term commencing December 2014.
The following candidate for the Office of Mayor, having received the highest number of votes, was declared as Mayor for the District of Sparwood:
- Cal McDougall with 348 votes
The following candidates for the Office of Councillor, having received the highest number of votes, were declared as Councillors for the District of Sparwood:
- John Baher with 595 votes
- Jenna Jensen with 572 votes
- Joe Jarina 548 votes
- Margaret McKie 505 votes
- Lois Halko 489 votes
- Brad Bowen 478 votes
The following candidate for the Office of School Trustee was acclaimed:
- Bev Bellina (Acclamation)
Results of the Referendum Question:
- Are you in favour of Council adopting Bylaw 1145, Cease Fluoridation Bylaw 1145, 2014 which authorizes removal of fluoride from the municipal water supply effective January 1, 2015?
- Passed 578 votes for to 419 votes against