Splash around and enjoy the water activities on the Elk River or Michel Creek

There's world class fishing on the Elk River or Michel Creek for cutthroat trout, whitefish and bull trout. Nearby Grave Lake has kokanee and rainbow trout. Fish Summit Lake for Gerrard rainbow trout (the largest trout in the world).

Boating Safety

Canadians are required by law to have proof of competency when operating a motorized watercraft. The Pleasure Craft Operators Card (PCOC) is the most common proof of competency in Canada.

  • What is a PCOC?

    A Pleasure Craft Operator Card (more commonly known as a boating license) proves that you have gained the knowledge to safely operate a motorized pleasure craft on Canada's waterways.

  • Who needs a boat license?

    If you operate a motorized boat in Canada, you need a Pleasure Craft Operator Card. The federal law applies to all ages, all boat lengths and all engine sizes – even electric trolling motors and sailboats equipped with engines. If you're stopped without a boating license, you'll face a minimum $250 fine. Once obtained, your PCOC is good for life. 

  • How do boaters obtain their card/boat license?

    The easiest way for boaters to obtain their PCOC is by successfully passing a Transport Canada accredited, multiple choice exam at https://www.thecampfirecollective.com/courses/boatsmart/ca/

  • How old do you have to be to take the exam for boaters?

    Boaters of any age can take the online boating course and exam for boaters, even boaters under 16 years of age.