Pursuant to Section 124 of the Community Charter, notice is hereby given that the Council for the District of Sparwood is proposing to replace its current Council Procedure Bylaw 1022, 2009, by adopting “Procedure Bylaw 1245, 2019” at their February 19, 2019 regular meeting.
The Procedure Bylaw establishes the rules and regulations under which all proceedings of the Council and their committees, commissions and other bodies established by Council are to be governed, and how meetings are to be conducted.
Generally, the Procedure Bylaw 1245 proposes to amend and/or update meeting procedures related to:
- meeting dates and times;
- public and informal hearings;
- voting and debate conduct;
- agenda and minute taking preparation;
- correspondence and delegations;
- reports from staff, Council and their various bodies;
- motions and resolutions;
- matters for reconsideration; and
- ensure its compliance with other legislative changes made from time to time.
A link to the bylaw, reports and background information is available below:
- 2019-01-30 RTC Procedure Bylaw 1245
- Procedure Bylaw 1245, 2019
- Public Notice
- 2019-01-23 RTCOTW Procedure Bylaw
- Procedure Bylaw Concordance (2009 to 2019)
- Council Procedure Bylaw 1022, 2009 (Consolidated Version)
A copy is also available at the District Office, 136 Spruce Avenue, Sparwood, British Columbia from 8:30am to 4:00pm Monday through Friday, excluding holidays, until February 19, 2019 when the bylaw is given final consideration.
Any questions or comments regarding the proposed changes should be submitted by 4:00pm on Tuesday, February 19, 2019 to:
Michelle Martineau, Director of Corporate Services
District of Sparwood, PO Box 520, 136 Spruce Avenue, Sparwood, BC V0B 2G0
P: 250.425.6812 | E: email@example.com.
District of Sparwood