The District of Sparwood would like to remind residents, that as part of the Southeast Fire Centre, the use of fireworks is currently banned and that the following Category 2 and 3 open burning prohibitions include:
- the burning of any waste, slash or other materials
- stubble or grass fires of any size over any area
- the use of fireworks, sky lanterns or burning barrels of any size or description
- the use of binary exploding targets (e.g. for rifle target practice)
- the use of air curtain burners
These prohibitions do not include campfires or fire pits where a permit has been issued. For more information on these prohibitions, please see the July 26, 2016 information bulletin issued by the Ministry of Forests, Lands and Natural Resource Operations, BC Wildfire Service.