ABOUT THE PLAN
We want to make sure that Sparwood is a community where older people can age actively, live in security, enjoy good health and participate fully in society. An Age-Friendly Community Plan will help ensure that Sparwood remains an attractive place to live with features that not only benefit seniors, but also support the health, safety, and enjoyment of residents of all ages.
Our Age-friendly Plan will address these age-friendly focus areas developed by the World Health Organization:
• Outdoor spaces and buildings
• Transportation and mobility
• Respect and social inclusion
• Civic participation and employment (including volunteering)
• Social participation (recreation and other leisure, social, cultural and spiritual activities)
• Communication and information
• Community support and health services
For more information on the Age-Friendly Plan visit sparwood.ca/age-friendly
The District is hosting three focused conversations. One is open to Sparwood residents of all ages, and the other two are being held with seniors at the Seniors Villa and Lilac Terrace.
• COMMUNITY SESSION - ALL AGES WELCOME. Seniors Drop-In Centre.
June 24 - 6:00 - 8:00 pm
June 25 - 1:00 - 2:30 pm
For more information call 250.425.0552 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
• SENIORS VILLA RESIDENTS. June 24 at the Seniors Villa
• LILAC TERRACE RESIDENTS. June 23 at Lilac Terrace