The District invites Contractors with proven utility and road construction experience and expertise to submit tenders.
General scope of the project is:
- Construction of approximately 3500m of HDPE watermain, primarily 350mm diameter, in two locations;
- 4 watermain undercrossings, by trenchless method, including 610mm steel casing pipes and 350mm HDPE carrier pipes;
- Intersection improvement and isolated road repair works;
- Supply and installation of approximately 2700m of 75mm DB2 conduit and pull boxes for future fibre optics;
- Approximately 600m of gravel trail construction;
- Topsoil stripping, replacement and hydroseeding;
- Substantial Performance date is June 1st, 2019.
Tenders will be received in a sealed envelope, clearly marked with the name and address of the proponent and the name of the Project:
“TENDER FOR: Sparwood Well #4 Watermain” and be addressed to DANNY DWYER, DIRECTOR OF ENGINEERING no later than 13:59:59 (MDT), THURSDAY, July 26th, 2018 (the “Closing Deadline”), at the following address:
District of Sparwood - Municipal Office
136 Spruce Avenue
Sparwood, BC V0B 2G0
Please note that Canada Post does not offer door-to-door express delivery service in Sparwood and courier services typically take 2 days to deliver.
There will be a non-mandatory Pretender Meeting, held at the Sparwood Municipal office at 1:30pm on July 10th, 2018.
Tenders must submit a bid security in the amount of 10% of the tender price. Labour and Material, and Performance bonding, each in the amount of 50% of the tender price, are required by the successful tenderer.
Copies of the Tender Documents can be obtained online on BC Bid (www.bcbid.gov.bc.ca) on or before June 21, 2018.
Inquiries regarding this Project shall be directed to:
McElhanney Consulting Services Ltd.
District of Sparwood