The District invites Contractors with waterworks construction experience and expertise to submit tenders.
General scope of the project is:
- Supply and install approximately 80m of 300mm PVC watermain. Complete with tie-ins to existing watermains and flow reversal within an existing PRV station.
- Sanitary sewer servicing to #6000 Hwy 43.
Tenders may be submitted electronically, via email, or in a sealed envelope with the following subject line: “TENDER FOR: “WELL #4 WATERMAIN UPGRADE AT PUMPHOUSE #1 & SANITARY SERVICING TO 6000 HWY 43” and be addressed to Danny Dwyer, Director of Engineering no later than 13:59:59 (MT), March 5th, 2020, at the following address:
- Email: Bids@Sparwood.ca
- Or in a sealed envelope: District of Sparwood, 136 Spruce Avenue, Sparwood, BC V0B 2G0
Tenders shall include pricing as per the appendices, references, proof relevant project experience and a construction schedule.
This tender includes a privilege clause: The Proponent, by submitting a Proposal agrees that it will not claim damages, for whatever reason, relating to this tender, in respect of the competitive process, or in respect of any breach of any implied duty of fairness, including but not limited to any costs incurred by the Proponent in preparing its Proposal. The Proponent, by submitting a Proposal, waives any and all such claims.
Without limiting the generality of the foregoing, the District of Sparwood will consider other factors besides price, schedule, and capability to perform the work in its sole and unfettered discretion including, but not limited to:
- Past performance, including whether the proponent has substantially complied with previous contracts with the District of Sparwood or completed any prior project or contract with the District of Sparwood by the time stipulated in any contract documents;
- References supplied by third parties;
- Whether accounts of any subcontractors of the proponent on previous projects have been paid when due, excepting any amounts withheld by reason of holdback legislation or legitimate disputes;
- Safety Record
Copies of the Tender Documents can be obtained online on BC Bid (www.bcbid.gov.bc.ca) on or about February 18, 2020. Submit inquiries prior to 1:00 PM, March 2, 2020.
Inquiries regarding this Project shall be directed to:
Unit #1 125 Industrial Rd. #3
Sparwood, BC V0B 2G1
Attention: KEVIN MOHR, P.ENG.
District of Sparwood
136 Spruce Avenue
Sparwood, BC V0B 2G0
Attention: DANNY DWYER
DIRECTOR OF ENGINEERING