Cashier (Casual, On-Call)
Reporting to the Director of Community & Facility Services the casual, on-call Cashier undertakes general office, clerical and cashiering duties at the Sparwood Leisure Centre. They complete program registrations and facility bookings; receives cash payments for facility use and admissions, processes deposits and cash reports; prepares and assists with the development of advertising and promotional materials. The casual, on-call Cashier provides exemplary customer service and is well versed in facility policies, procedures, programs and events.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Performs receptionist duties including answering and responding to telephone and/or in person enquiries;
- Processes facility bookings and/or cancellations;
- Registers participants into programs;
- Receives admissions/user payments;
- Processes daily deposits, cash reports and reconciliations;
- Maintains and updates website, social media and electronic sign;
- Prepares correspondence, maintains spread sheets and databases etc.;
- Maintains accurate records and prepares reports;
- Develops, edits, proofreads and maintains promotional materials;
- Prepares or assists in the preparation of program files and contracts;
- Fills in for regular office staff in the event of illness, training or holidays;
- Other duties as assigned.
Required Knowledge, Skills & Abilities
- Ability to multitask and work independently;
- Ability to deal with the public in person and by telephone in a courteous and effective manner;
- Proficient in Microsoft Office Applications;
- Ability to perform basic accounting functions;
- Exemplary customer service skills;
- Ability to learn and gain proficiency in the use and operation of computer based programs;
- Grade 12 supplemented by relevant business/commercial/accounting courses and experience.
Other Certifications & Qualifications
- Certificates in MS Word, Excel, Office
- Communications Certificate
- Working knowledge of web page editing programs
- Must hold a valid driver’s license
Organized with a high level of written and oral communication skills, well groomed, honest and able to maintain confidentiality; detail oriented, positive attitude with excellent customer service skills; a willingness to learn and take on added responsibilities; and available for various shifts including weekdays, evenings and weekends.
Hours of Work
Casual on call hours Monday through Sunday between 7:00 am and 9:00 pm with some scheduled hours on Fridays, Saturdays & Sundays.
This position is a unionized position under CUPE local 2698. The 2019 hourly wage rate is $26.78/hour as per the current collective agreement.
As part of the interview process, shortlisted candidates will be required to participate in a practical portion of the interview at the District of Sparwood Leisure Center.
Interested applicants should submit a resume and cover letter by Thursday, September 5th, 2019 at 4:00 PM MST to:
District of Sparwood
Box 520, 136 Spruce Avenue
Sparwood BC, V0B 2G0
Email to: firstname.lastname@example.org