Lifeguard (Casual, On-Call)
Title: LIFEGUARD (Casual on Call)
Reporting to the Director of Community & Facility Services, lifeguards are responsible for the safe supervision of the public in the aquatics centre. The incumbent supervises and ensures the safety of pool users in accordance with established safety guidelines, provides lifesaving skills including first aid, resuscitation and other emergency revival techniques as required; Plans, organizes leads special events within the pool area as assigned; Provides and ensures proper day to day maintenance and cleanliness of pool and surrounding areas such as deck and changing rooms.
- Monitors aquatic activities, ensures adherence and enforcement of pool rules and safety regulations;
- Supervises and ensures the safety of pool users in accordance with established safety and health guidelines;
- Conducts basic water tests and makes appropriate adjustments as required;
- Inspects and cleans pool and aquatic centre facilities such as change rooms, lockers, etc.;
- Provides custodial/cleaning and minor maintenance service and ensures safety, hygiene and cleanliness standards are maintained;
- Provides information to and assists the public with facility & program information;
- Performs routine cashier duties and other related duties as may be assigned;
- Plans, organizes and leads events and activities as assigned.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
REQUIRED KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS & ABILITIES
- Ability to work with the public in a positive and effective manner
- Ability to educate the public on facility rules and affect discipline in a positive manner
- Be physically fit and able to perform labour-intensive skills
- Demonstrated ability to be a leader
- Has exceptional customer service skills
National Life Saving Certificate
Standard First Aid or equivalent
CPR Level ‘C’ and AED
OTHER CERTIFICATIONS & QUALIFICATIONS
Water Safety Instructor
Life Saving Instructor
Pool Operator Level I
First Aid Instructor
This position is a unionized position under CUPE local 2698. The 2019 hourly wage rate is $22.16/hour as per the current collective agreement.
As part of the interview process, shortlisted candidates will be required to participate in a practical portion of the interview at the District of Sparwood Leisure Center.
This posting will remain open until filled. Interested applicants should submit a resume and cover letter to:
District of Sparwood
Box 520, 136 Spruce Avenue
Sparwood BC, V0B 2G0
Email to: firstname.lastname@example.org