The District of Sparwood and the City of Fernie are seeking proposals from interested, experienced and qualified individuals to conduct the general local government elections (including School Trustees) to be held in October 2018 within the two communities. As the Chief Election Officer (CEO) you will also be responsible for evaluating, developing and implementing communication strategies and programs in relation to the 2018 General Local Elections. The CEO leads the overall delivery of all forms of election-related communications by leveraging best practices in both digital and traditional print forms to provide timely and accurate information to Fernie and Sparwood residents and election participants.
To be considered for appointment as the CEO by the Councils for the two communities, the successful proponent must have:
- Direct experience as a Chief Election or Deputy Chief Election Officer at the local government level in British Columbia;
- Recent experience with the elections legislation contained in the Local Government Act, Local Elections Campaign Financing Act, and the Community Charter; and
- Be familiar with other B.C. Acts and legislation that affect local government and the election process.
The following experience or knowledge will be considered an asset in the selection of the successful proponent:
- A University degree or College program in a related field of study, such as Political Science, Public Administration, Communications, Marketing or Media;
- Knowledge and/or experience using automated vote counting systems and/or mail ballots; and
- Experience in a public-sector communications environment.
Interested parties may submit a proposal in writing outlining:
- their strategy to improve voter turnout, including special voting opportunities;
- timelines necessary for conducting the election; and
- the cost for providing this service
to the attention of Suzanne Garand, Director of Corporate Administration Services, City of Fernie, Box 190, 501-3rd Avenue, Fernie, BC, V0B 1M0 or by email to firstname.lastname@example.org. All proposals must be received no later than 4:00 pm on April 3, 2018. (Click here to download the print version of this job ad)