Council for the District of Sparwood will at the Regular Meeting at 1:00 p.m. on June 5, 2017 will consider Development Variance Permit 2017-003 for 628 Sparwood Drive (Lot 4 DL 4589 Kootenay District Plan 14330 PID 009-835-172) to:
Vary Zoning Bylaw No. 264, 1981 to:
1. Vary Section 5.1.2.B.(i) to Reduce the Front Yard Setback from 7.62 m (25 ft) to 6.5 m (21.3 ft) for the primary building (Building A on the attached Schedule);
2. Vary Section 5.1.2.B.(i) to Reduce the Front Yard Setback from 7.62 m (25 ft) to 0 m (0 ft) for the storage shed (Building B on the attached Schedule);
3. Vary Section 5.1.2.D.(ii) to Reduce the Rear Yard Setback for existing storage shed (Building C on the attached Schedule) in the front yard, as shown on the site plan, from 4.57m (15 ft) to 0 m (0 ft) for the existing storage shed; and,
4. Vary Section 5.1.2.C.(i) to Reduce the Side Yard Setback for the existing accessory structure (Building B on the attached Schedule), as shown on the site plan, from 4.57 m (15 ft) to 0 m (0 ft) for the existing storage shed.
Vary Sign Bylaw No. 839, 2001 to:
1. Vary Section 2.3.(a)(i)(a) to Increase the maximum allowable sign size for a wall sign to from 14.7 m2 to 28 m2 to permit the existing sign on the south side of the primary building (Building A on the attached Schedule).
And vary Off-Street Parking Bylaw No. 495 to:
1. Modify Schedule “A”-28 to reduce the required number of off-street parking spaces from 1 space per 37.16 m2 of net floor area (16 for this building) to 1 space per 68.54 m2 of net floor area (11 for this building);
2. Modify Schedule `B` to reduce the required aisle width for a 2.8 m wide parking stall from 7.3m to 0.3m; and,
3. Remove section 4.1 to remove the requirements for an off-street loading space
Applicant: Alpine Lumber & Building Supplies Co. Ltd.
Address: PO Box 70 Sparwood BC V0B 2G0
All persons who believe that their interest is affected by the proposed variance shall be afforded a reasonable opportunity to be heard in person, by a representative, or by written submission on the matters contained within DVP 2017-003 at the Regular Council Meeting.
Written submissions may be sent to the District of Sparwood, Box 520, Sparwood, BC V0B 2G0. Electronic submissions by email should be sent to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please note that due to potential email issues, all submissions sent by email should be confirmed by phone at the number listed below. These submissions must be received by no later than 10:00 a.m. on June 5, 2017 to ensure their availability to Council at the Regular Meeting.
All submissions must include your name and street address and are considered public information, pursuant to the Freedom of Information and Protection of Privacy Act.
The above Variance and related staff reports and background information may be inspected online at http://www.sparwood.ca/dvp or at the Municipal Office, 136 Spruce Avenue, Sparwood, B.C., during regular office hours of 8:30 a.m. – 4:00 p.m. local time, Monday to Friday from May 1, 2017 – June 5, 2017 (note that the meeting will occur at 1pm on June 5).
Additional information may be obtained by contacting the Planning Department at 136 Spruce Avenue,
250 .425.6271, or email email@example.com.