A public hearing has been scheduled for March 19, 2018 at 7:00 p.m. in Council chambers at 136 Spruce Avenue, Sparwood. The subject of this hearing is a proposed amendment to the M-1 Light Industrial zone to change the way offices are regulated in that zone.
This amendment has been discussed at Council and a previous public hearing dated December 4, 2017. There have been changes to the wording of the bylaw, requiring a second public hearing.
The effect of the bylaw in its current form would be to permit offices as a principal use in the M-1 zone in situations where the office is related to other uses permitted in the M-1 Light Industrial and M-2 Heavy Industrial zones. Review the bylaw here.
The following text is proposed to replace "Offices" as a permitted principal use in the M-1 zone:
"Offices for uses stipulated in the M-1 and M-2 zones of this Bylaw."
The following links provide background on how staff and Council arrived at this point in the process.
- Staff reports from January 31 2018, January 29 2018, January 10 2018, November 29 2017, November 1 2017
- Timeline of bylaw changes throughout this process, including the current version of the proposed amendment
- Link to video of first Public Hearing, on December 4, 2017
- Previous Blog Post on Public Hearing being reconvened on January 15, 2018
- Original Blog Post announcing the Public Hearing scheduled for December 4, 2017
If you have any questions or would like to share your comments with staff (to be submitted to Council) on any of the above proposed options, please contact the Planning Department at:
Written submissions can be sent to the above contacts or firstname.lastname@example.org no later than 12:00 pm on March 19, 2018 to ensure their availability to Council when the Public Hearing reconvenes. All submissions must include your name and street address and are considered public information, pursuant to the Freedom of Information and Protection of Privacy Act.