TITLE:Cashier (Casual on Call)
Reporting to the Director of Community & Facility Services the Casual on Call Cashier undertakes general office, clerical and cashiering duties at the Sparwood Leisure Centre. They complete program registrations and facility bookings; receives cash payments for facility use and admissions, processes deposits and cash reports; prepares and assists with the development of advertising and promotional materials. The Casual on Call Cashier provides exemplary customer service and is well versed in facility policies, procedures, programs and events.
- Performs receptionist duties including answering and responding to telephone and/or in person enquiries;
- Processes facility bookings and/or cancellations;
- Registers participants into programs;
- Receives admissions/user payments;
- Processes daily deposits, cash reports and reconciliations;
- Maintains and updates website, Facebook and electronic sign;
- Prepares correspondence, maintains spread sheets and databases etc.;
- Maintains accurate records and prepares reports;
- Develops, edits, proof reads and maintains promotional materials;
- Prepares or assists in the preparation of program files and contracts;
- Fills in for regular office staff in the event of illness, training or holidays;
REQUIRED KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS & ABILITIES
- Ability to multitask and work independently;
- Ability to deal with the public in person and by telephone in a courteous and effective manner;
- Proficient in Microsoft Office Applications;
- Ability to perform basic accounting functions;
- Exemplary customer service skills;
- Ability to learn and gain proficiency in the use and operation of computer based programs;
- Grade 12 supplemented by relevant business/commercial/accounting courses and experience.
OTHER CERTIFICATIONS & QUALIFICATIONS
- Certificates in MS Word, Excel, Office
- Communications Certificate
- Working knowledge of web page editing programs
- Must hold a valid driver’s license
Organized with a high level of written and oral communication skills, well groomed, honest and able to maintain confidentiality; detail oriented, positive attitude with excellent customer service skills; a willingness to learn and take on added responsibilities; and available for various shifts including weekdays, evenings and weekends.
HOURS OF WORK
Casual on call hours Monday through Sunday between 7:00 am and 9:00 pm with some scheduled hours on Fridays, Saturdays & Sundays.
Applications with cover letter, resume and references will be received until 2:00 pm MST on Thursday, February 15, 2018. Applications may be submitted to the Sparwood Leisure Centre at 367 Pine Ave., Sparwood, BC or via email to firstname.lastname@example.org. Candidates are required to demonstrate desired skills and abilities as part of the hiring process. This position is a casual on call position consisting primarily of weekend shifts and may include weekday daytime and evening shifts as required. Benefits, compensation and conditions of employment are governed by the current collective agreement with CUPE Local 2698. The current rate of compensation is $25.66.